Monday 22 September 2014

Introductory Post

Because every blog needs one, right?

Hi all! (-crickets-)

Welcome aboard the Geek Girl Express (yes I am taking the train metaphor as far as it will go)! As you can probably tell, this blog is still finding its feet but I will be posting starting from the coming week and hope to post at least 3-4 times a week henceforth.

If you haven't read my About page what are you waiting for? I'm going to be reviewing books, TV show and films and perhaps other things, with a special focus on diverse and female-led literature and media. I may review other things but for now, I'm trying to focus on these under-represented groups, because representation and diversity in media is something that I am super passionate about and I think we all need to do our bit to give attention to all the wonderful diverse stuff that is out there.

Just to give you an idea of what's coming up, reviews will soon be up for books such as Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, We Were Liars, Monstrous Affections and The Infinite Sea. I'll also be doing a Fall Lineup Series to celebrate some of the diverse shows coming to our screens soon with new titles such as How to Get Away With Murder and The Flash looking promising, as well as older favourites like Brooklyn Nine Nine and The Good Wife making highly anticipated returns.

Anyway, I hope you all will enjoy what's coming up. If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave a comment here or contact me directly.

Until the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment